A big dish of pasta loaded with cheese? Sign me up for some of that. You too? Then you will fall head over heels in love with this Roasted Red Pepper Pasta Bake. Everyone in our family is infatuated with this recipe, so much that they voted to have it two weeks in a row. I don’t think that ever happened before this meal.
This easy meal is proof of what I’m always telling you – cooking doesn’t have to be difficult to be impressive. For very little effort you’ll be rewarded with this restaurant worthy meal you can enjoy in your own kitchen. If you can boil water you can make this meal. While the pasta is cooking you just whip up the simple sauce in the food processor in just a minute or two. Mix the pasta with the sauce, sprinkle with cheese and bake until the cheese is melted and maybe just a bit browned in a few places. (That’s how we like it around here anyway.) It sounds so easy because it really is that easy. You can do this any night of the week no matter if you’re a cooking pro or just getting started. You’ll be happy about that when you find yourself making this roasted red pepper pasta bake week after week like I do.
Roasted Red Pepper Pasta Bake
- 1 pound tubular shaped pasta, gluten free or regular
- 12 ounces jarred roasted red peppers, drained
- ⅔ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile place red peppers, Parmesan cheese, and garlic into a food processor.
- Process for about 30 seconds or until smooth.
- Add olive oil and process about 10 seconds more.
- Drain pasta and return to pot.
- Add red pepper sauce to pasta and stir to coat.
- Add 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese to the pasta and stir.
- Spread pasta into a 9×11 baking dish.
- Sprinkle evenly with cheese on top.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until cheese is melted and slightly browned.