Healthy, quick, and easy recipes are what we’re all about here at Our Family Eats. This Chicken with Rosemary & Mushrooms fits in with my mission perfectly. You can make this recipe in about 30 minutes with only a few basic ingredients. I think this recipe proves my point that meals don’t need to be complicated or use rare ingredients to be amazing. Rich flavors can come from the simplest of beginnings and the easiest of recipes. In the time it takes to stop and pick something up on your way home you could have this warm, homemade meal on the table.
The classic combination of simple button mushrooms with butter, garlic, and rosemary is one that never gets old in my book. Combine it with easy pan cooked chicken tenderloins and dinner is done, and the kitchen smells amazing too.
Chicken with Rosemary and Mushrooms
Gluten Free, Grain Free, Low Carb
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 16 ounces white button mushrooms
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried rosemary or 1teaspoon fresh
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons all purpose flour (use gluten free baking mix if desired)
- 1.5 pounds boneless, skinless chicken – tenderloins or thighs work best
- Heat a heavy 12″ skillet over medium high heat.
- Melt butter then add the mushrooms, garlic, rosemary, and salt to the pan.
- Cook until mushrooms are browned, about 5-6 minutes.
- Pour in the chicken stock and flour.
- Stir well and let cook about 2 more minutes or until sauce thickens slightly.
- Pour mushrooms and sauce into a bowl and set aside.
- Place chicken in pan, adding more butter if pan is very dry.
- Cook about 8 minutes per side, or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees and the chicken is no longer pink.
- Pour mushrooms and the sauce over the top of the chicken.
- Cook 1 more minute.
- Serve warm.
Recipe adapted from Paleo Foodie Kitchen .