During the summer I make plenty of quick meals on the grill. When the days turn cooler and the days get shorter I kinda lose my desire to stand outside at the end of the day. Winter meals have a reputation for keeping you in the kitchen for a while. All those roasts, stews, and braises can take a long time to reach perfection. But this One Dish Sausage and Potato Roast is different.
This meal is a great big helping of comfort food without all the work. After just a few minutes of chopping, you can pop everything into the oven. It’s as simple as that. Toss a green salad together while it cooks and you’ll have an easy meal on the table, perfect for feeding the whole family on chilly nights.
One Dish Sausage and Potato Roast
This recipe is naturally gluten free and dairy free.
- 1 to 1½ pounds russet potatoes cut into 1″ chunks
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 2-3 tablespoons oil
- 1 to 1½ pounds mild Italian sausage (gluten free)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place potatoes, garlic, paprika, salt, pepper, and oil in a large mixing bowl.
- Stir to coat well.
- Spread potatoes on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Roast for 20 minutes, then add Italian sausages to pan.
- Continue roasting for 15-20 minutes, or until potatoes are tender and sausages are completely cooked through.
- Remove pan from oven.
- Slice sausages into 1″ thick pieces and toss with potatoes.
- Serve warm.
An Our Family Eats original recipe.