30 Minute Gluten Free Meatballs

PinExt 30 Minute Gluten Free Meatballs

Meatballs show up on our dinner table almost weekly.  The kids think I make them so often because they love them so much.  The truth is that I make them so often because they’re so easy.

This meatball recipe takes about 30 minutes to make, and that includes the cooking time.  Since these are baked instead of fried on the stovetop you can pop them in the oven and be free to multitask while they cook.  And, get this – they are amazing from the freezer!  Just pull out what you need and pop them into a pot of simmering tomato sauce until they thaw.  It doesn’t get any easier than that.  It only takes a few extra minutes to double this recipe so you can keep your freezer stocked with homemade meatballs for quick and easy meals.

Our meals are gluten free, so these are gluten free meatballs.  I think they taste waaayyyy better than the meatballs I used to make with breadcrumbs.  That’s because I switched those old dull breadcrumbs for tasty, perky Parmesan cheese.  Such a good decision.  Even if you’re not worried about gluten in the slightest you’ll love these gluten free meatballs.

For you guys who are always asking for ways to add protein to your picky eater’s diet, these meatballs are a great way to do that.  Even the most resistant child has a hard time turning away from spaghetti and meatballs.  Adults too, now that I think about it.

Meatballs 077 30 Minute Gluten Free Meatballs

30 Minute Gluten Free Meatballs

serves 4-6

1 pound lean ground beef
1 large egg
1/2 cup onion, finely chopped (optional)
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon dried parsley

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Place all ingredients into a large mixing bowl. Mix together using your hands until well combined.
3. Roll into 1″ balls. You should have a total of 24 or 25 meatballs. Place meatballs onto a baking sheet with raised sides.
4. Bake for 20 minutes, or until center is no longer pink.
5. Serve warm.

To freeze: After cooking, let meatballs cool then place into a zip top freezer bag. When you’re ready to eat them remove the number you need and place into sauce pan with pasta sauce. Let simmer until meatballs are heated through.

An Our Family Eats original recipe.

pf button 30 Minute Gluten Free Meatballs
stumbleupon 30 Minute Gluten Free Meatballspinterest 30 Minute Gluten Free Meatballsshare save 171 16 30 Minute Gluten Free Meatballs

Comments

1. Ligia says:

Can’t wait to try them!

2. Dawn says:

Made these tonight – they were easy and delicious!

3. Roxann says:

Made this into burgers after doubling the recipe. Great way to cut down on the grains for the family dinner. Very good!

4. Susan 2 says:

I tried these tonight adjusting to family likes, and they were delicious!! It took me 30 minutes start to finish, great on a busy day.

5. Looks like a great recipe! Can I use ground turkey with the same results? Thank you.

6. Pam G says:

Will they withstand being put in spaghetti sauce to cook even more?

7. StephanieH says:

Just pulled the first batch out and put them in sauce and they hold up nicely and taste great! I quadrupled the batch when I read that they freeze well so I can use them over the holidays. I am putting them in the freezer on foil so they harden a bit then transferring them to a bag so I can vacuum them but definitely having them tonight as well. Thank you1

8. Kelly says:

Just made these tonight. Easy fix, easy clean up, and tasted wonderful!! :-D

9. Jan says:

I have some of these in the oven right now. I admit that upon reading your post, my first thought was that i never really considered meatballs quick, but when I thought about it I realized that when I used to make them I would use probably five or six pounds of meat and make a ton. It would take me like an hour to roll all the balls, not to mention mixing that much meat with your hands is painfully cold :). But I used 1/2 pound turkey and 1/2 pound beef and it was pretty quick. So thanks for the inspiration to make them again! And I think maybe the parmesan mixes in more easily than breadcrumbs.

10. Eileen says:

Made these last night – very good!

11. Anne says:

I’m so excited! This will be the first time in three years we’re having meatballs again. Been gluten free due to allergy and just never thought of making meatballs as I can’t have spaghetti (and out here in France the gluten free substitutes are awful). Last night my husband said he really missed them so…, went on the net, found your recipe and they are in the oven as I type! Made Marcella Marzan’s tomato sauce, some rice and a Greek style salad to go with. Will let you know how it turned out – they’re sure looking great though!

• Anne says:

And the verdict… they were SUPERB!
      My 11, 2 AND very picky 5 year old + husband & myself loved them. Probably made them a bit smaller than 1” (being a metric girl – they were about 2cm in diameter) and left them in a 200 degrees Celcius oven for 15 minutes. Made a huge batch to freeze so there’s enough for another day. Thank you so much for this lovely addition to our ‘cuisine’..! And I have added your site to my favourites.

12. jerome martino says:

I gave this a try. It so good and I just finish up making all the meatballs ans my home made sauce. I wi see h to share you my recipe but I have no measurement. I just guess and it came out really good! Thanks for the GF meatballs since I could not eat my mom’s sauce or meatball.

13. Jacqie says:

Suggestion for a gluten free bread crumb – Synders Gluten Free pretzels crushed up Contact me for full recipe

14. arm2012 says:

These are DEE-lish! And super easy! That makes extra yummy to me! My family is GFCFSF, so I made a few substitutions. Instead of the cheese I used GFCF bread crumbs. And then I threw in some chopped mushrooms. I bake these in bulk because my guys devour them! Thanks for a great recipe!

15. Debbie says:

Made these tonight for my girls birthday party. We are trying gluten free for one of them and these were excellent. Everyone enjoyed them. I bought some gluten free bread to make my own bread crumbs when I came across this site. They were quick and easy that my 9 yr old daughter made most of it. Thank you.

1. [...] and I love how easy it is to get them on the table after a long day.  After years of devouring our favorite traditional meatballs I’ve been on the hunt for something a little different.  Something with just a little bit of [...]

Comments