Peach crisp, doesn’t that just scream summer to you? Sweet peaches with a hint of cinnamon and a crispy, crunchy topping in my idea of a perfect treat. But what do you do when you get a craving for this lovely family-pleasing dessert and the calendar says you’re not even close to peach season? I often wondered the same thing. Then my friends at Libby’s® sent me a few cans of their beautiful peaches to try out. I love that these peaches are canned using only 100% fruit juice concentrate and nothing else. The minute I opened the box I decided it was high time I put an end to my craving and whip up a peach crisp.
Using the canned peaches made the prep for this crisp incredibly quick and easy. The whole dish was oven ready in about 5 minutes! The peaches are so sweet that you don’t need a bit of sugar for the filling. People, this is life changing – I’ll be gorging myself on peach crisps year round now!
In addition to their fantastic all natural peaches, Libby’s® has even more great things to share with us. They just launched a new Digital Recipe Box on their Facebook page and are also launching a brand new Pinterest page. Libby’s® has lots of options for families looking for easy shortcuts to healthier meals and I feel great about using their all natural versions of fruits, vegetables, and even organic beans. I’m constantly on the lookout for new resources for recipes and meal inspiration so I’m excited about their new tools. Here’s a little more from them about these new resources:
Libby’s® Fruits & Vegetables will make the meal planning process a little easier with its new Digital Recipe Box, an application only available on Facebook. The Digital Recipe Box will house more than 100 recipes using Libby’s® products and allow users to share recipes with their Facebook friends, as well as “like” favorite recipes and print them out for future reference. The app makes it easy to plan meals by dish, ingredient or type of gathering.
The app just launched and so check it out. The recipes held in the Digital Recipe Box will also be featured on our brand new Pinterest page. Are you a Pinterest addict like me? If so you’ll definitely want to check out Libby’s® new Pinterest page! They have great pins for everything from meal ideas to organization (two of my favorite Pinterest categories!)
And finally, our friends at Libby’s® are sponsoring an AMAZING giveaway through Our Family Eats! You can enter to win a gorgeous Le Creuset® 10.5″ Oblong Ink Grill Pan along with a variety of Libby’s® Fruits & Vegetables. I was just looking at one of these grill pans last weekend and thinking about how many awesome ways I could use it. You guys are so lucky! And the color is absolutely stunning.
INCREDIBLY EASY PEACH CRISP
- 3 cans (15 ounces) Libby’s® canned peaches in 100% fruit juice
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 6 Tablespoons butter
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
For the filling:
2. Drain peaches and place in a bowl with cinnamon and flour. Toss to coat. Set aside.
For the topping:
3. Place flour, oats, brown sugar, and cinnamon in a large bowl. Stir with a whisk to combine. Cut butter into 1/2″ squares and add to flour mixture. Use your fingers/hands to work butter into the mixture until it is crumbly and well combined. Set aside.
4. Place about 2 Tablespoons of the topping in the bottom of a 9×12 baking dish. Spread filling mixture evenly over the bottom of the pan. Cover evenly with the topping mixture.
5. Bake at 350 degrees in the middle of the oven for 40-50 minutes, or until the filling is bubbly and the topping is lightly browned.
Let cool slightly before serving. Top with vanilla ice cream if desired.